Assistant Quantity Surveyor
We’re currently looking for an ambitious, energetic graduate surveyor looking for an exciting opportunity to progress quickly to a Project Quantity Surveyor in a growing business. After full training, you’ll have both pre-and post-contract responsibilities, ensuring our projects are a commercial success. Alongside working in the commercial team, you will work collaboratively with the design team to provide the right client solutions throughout projects.
A typical day will look like: (key responsibilities)
- Co-ordinating and organising your schedule against project deadlines and the requirements of your team
- Analysing drawings and taking off quantities to insert into estimate cost templates
- Taking part in project meetings, collaborating with the design team to provide the most cost-effective solutions and ensure all design is within specifications and budget
- Preparing enquiry documentation utilising standard documents to establish competitive packages
- Analysing subcontract quotations, comparing to ensure the most competitive, compliant bid is utilised.
- Communicating with our supply chain, managing relationships including negotiating costs, placing orders, performance reviews and analysing outturn cost data
- Preparing client view quotations and managing all client variations, valuations, final accounts, invoicing, cost v value reconciliation
What you’ll need:
- A BSc degree in Quantity Surveying and full driving licence
- The confidence and desire to learn, take on challenges and continually improve
- Good organisation skills and ability to balance and prioritise tasks
- Keen attention to detail and focus on being consistently accurate
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with other teams
- A positive, can-do attitude with an ability to work well under pressure, maintaining a high quality of work in a fast-paced environment, to meet short deadlines.
In return, we offer an excellent package and opportunities for the right candidates.
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch and send your CV to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Click here to find out more about working at TSK